It’s heart-wrenching to witness an innocent animal in distress, especially when they’ve just given birth. The maternal instinct is strong, and the mother dog must be desperately trying to protect her puppies. Here are some things you can do to help:
- Approach the situation with caution to avoid scaring or stressing the mother dog further.
- Try to locate the person responsible for setting the snare and ask them to release the dog immediately.
- If the person cannot be found or refuses to help, contact animal control or a local animal rescue organization for assistance.
- Provide the mother dog with food and water if possible while you wait for help to arrive.
- If the mother dog and her puppies are not injured, consider fostering them until they can be placed in forever homes.
Remember, it’s important to act quickly in situations like these to ensure the safety and well-being of the mother dog and her puppies.
Source: ViacomCBS Inc.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.